RICS logo

Westley & Huff

RICS logo
Cambridge surveyors services Westley and Huff house image


Using our broad experience we have put together a list of property services and related websites that may be of use to you if you are using the services of a Chartered Surveyor. If you cannot find the information you require using the sites below, please contact us.

Local Authorities

For planning, building regulation and listed building enquiries

Cambridge City Council – www.cambridge.gov.uk – Local information on Cambridge City.

East Cambridgeshire District Council – www.eastcambs.gov.uk – Local information to the east of the county.

Fenland District Council – www.fenland.gov.uk – Local information on the fenland areas.

Huntingdon District Council – www.huntsdc.gov.uk – Local information on the Huntingdon, St. Neots, St. Ives areas.

South Cambridgeshire District Council – www.scambs.gov.uk – Local information on the South Cambs areas

Uttlesford District Council – www.uttlesford.gov.uk – Local information on the North Essex area.

Service Providers

Gas – www.corgiservices.com/ – Corgi, the UK’s Gas safety watchdog  check.

Electricity – www.niceic.org.uk – the electrical contracting industry’s independent voluntary body for electrical installation matters throughout the UK.

Water – www.anglianwater.co.uk  – Provider of water and drainage in the region
www.cambridge-water.co.uk –  water suppliers to customers in Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire.

Specialist advice and information on historic buildings

Conservation officers of the Local Authorities above

The Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings – www.spab.org.uk – helps homeowners understand and care for their old buildings.

EARTHA – www.eartha.org.uk – Earth Architecture and Conservation in East Anglia.

Useful property services links house photo

Other Useful Websites

RICS – www.rics.org – The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors – the leading source of land, property, construction and related environmental knowledge.

Environment Agency – www.environment-agency.gov.uk – UK government agency concerned mainly with rivers, flooding, and pollution.

Land Registry – www.landregistry.gov.uk – register title to land in England and Wales and record dealings (for example, sales and mortgages) with registered land.

Law Society – www.lawsociety.org.uk – The representative body for solicitors in England and Wales.

Federation of Master Builders – www.fmb.org.uk – the UK’s leading building trade association.

British Wood Preserving and Damp Proofing Association – www.bwpda.co.uk – Premier trade body for British timber and building preservation industry.About Us